KETO LOW-CARB CHICKEN SOUP (HEART HEALTHY)
I woke up this morning with an annoying and persistent sinus cold. I needed my Keto Low-Carb Chicken Soup! Why? Because its anti-viral. All I could think about was making a chicken soup with big flavour and antiviral components. Chicken soup is comfort food. I believe we subconsciously crave and devour comfort food because it provides us a sense of wellbeing, safety, and pleasant childhood memories of home cooking.
WHAT IS THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF KETO LOW-CARB CHICKEN SOUP?
This Keto Low-Carb Chicken Soup contains the ingredients of lemon, garlic, onion, turmeric, and fresh ginger. All of these ingredients possess antiviral properties, as well as other important nutrients. Add to these antiviral ingredients is homemade, fresh bone broth!
Bone broth helps to heal and support our immune system. It is rich in minerals that our body can easily absorb. This includes chicken, beef, fish, and lamb bone broth.
2. Bone broth helps fight infections. It fights the common cold and flu by inhibiting viruses.
3. Bone broth helps fight gut inflammation. It contains collagen and L-glutamine that aid in healing our gut lining. This reduces intestinal inflammation, thus helping to reduce leaky gut syndrome and food allergies.
4. Bone broth helps in the growth and repair of bones. Bone formation requires an adequate and constant supply of nutrients such as calcium, protein, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin D, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, boron, iron, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamins.
5. Bone broth helps in weight loss. Research shows that obese people have more Firmicutes bacteria and fewer Bacteroidetes in their digestive tracts. Firmicutes bacteria cause more extraction of calories from food. As a result, a higher ratio of Firmicutes is a marker of obesity. A healthy gut reduces Firmicutes bacteria, aiding in weight loss. Eating broth before a meal also promotes a full stomach, thereby aiding in the reduction of food consumed overall. Bone broth keeps the body hydrated. Bone broth with vegetables adds electrolytes and carbohydrates that keep the body hydrated.
7. Bone broth helps to reduce inflammation and joint pain. Bone broth stimulates muscle protein synthesis, providing arthritis and joint pain relief, strengthening nails, protecting cells, lowering blood sugar, improving sleep, regulating insulin, and slowing down the aging process.
8. Bone Broth helps calm the body. It contains an amino acid called glycine which soothes the body and promotes better sleep.
9. Bone broth with its collagen and gelatin, aids in keeping your skin subtle, your hair growing, and nails strong.
WHAT IS THE TASTE PROFILE OF KETO LOW-CARB CHICKEN SOUP?
The predominant taste sensation in this Keto Low-Carb Chicken Soup is tanginess due to the addition of fresh lemon juice at the end of the simmering process. The bone broth also offers loads of umami — roundness and depth of flavour.
WHAT WINE HARMONIZES WITH KETO LOW-CARB CHICKEN SOUP?
With the predominant taste sensation of this Keto Low-Carb Chicken Soup being tanginess from the lemon, you’ll need a white wine with good acidity to match. When you create harmony with similar taste sensations, the experience of the food and wine together is heightened. White wines that work nicely are Sauvignon Blanc, Vinho Verde, bone dry Riesling, Pinot Grigio. If you prefer to sip red, go with Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir is meant to be chilled for at least a half-hour in the refrigerator. This light, fruity red has a lovely backbone of crisp acidity to match the tanginess from the lemon.
*Wine Tips: To maintain your Keto diet or low-carb lifestyle, choose low-carb, low-sugar, and low-alcohol wines that are free of additives and artificial coloring. Include your wine carb macros as part of your meal. Remember, your liver will process alcohol before nutrients, pausing ketone creation and slowing the ketosis process. Your body will also metabolize alcohol as fuel before using food. This can slow fat burning and may cause your body to store carbs, fat, and protein as excess body fat. Alcohol consumption also stimulates the appetite. So, drink low-sugar, low-carb, and low alcohol wines in moderation.
WHAT OTHER KETO LOW-CARB HEALTHY HEART RECIPES CAN I ENJOY?
WHAT IS SHARI MAC’S PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION FOR YOUR KETO LOW-CARB DIET?
I’m a huge fan of the Ninja products. In the past, I’ve gone through a counter-top convection oven every couple of years. This Ninja 1800-watt oven is a work horse! It is a must for me to support my Keto diet. Since buying this Ninja I have not turned on my oven in months! Amazing in the summer! No heat in the kitchen from the traditional oven. I use the air-fryer for all our proteins every day. All my air-fried favorites have less bad saturated fat and therefore fewer calories. I cut chicken breasts in half, horizontally, and air-fry them for 20 minutes. You can set the temperature and timer for all sorts of foods and walk away from the kitchen. The machine will shut off automatically at the right time. My proteins are crispy on the outside and super juicy
HOW DO YOU PREPARE KETO LOW-CARB CHICKEN SOUP?Print