KETO LOW-CARB BEEF BONE BROTH (HEART HEALTHY)
Keto Low-Carb Bone broth is a grand part of my lifestyle. My father was born in Newfoundland. Growing up in our household meant enjoying a traditional Newfoundland Jiggs dinner about once per week, usually on Sundays. Some form of meat with vegetables were all boiled together in the same large pot on the stove. To this day when I smell cabbage, it reminds me of home, of the East Coast comfort foods I still cherish today.
Once the cooked ingredients were removed from the pot, the boiled water was poured into a gravy bowl and served at the table with dinner. My father taught us that this water was nutrient-rich and important to consume. He referred to as Pot Liquor. I watched as my father filled his plate with boiled meat and vegetables and smothered the heaping mound with pot liquor. From an early age, I learned to enjoy my Jiggs Dinner swimming in boiling water! I also understood that boiling meat, bones, and vegetables left the resulting water filled with nutrients. The leftover pot liquor was always used to make soups the following day.
WHAT IS THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF BEEF BONE BROTH?
On my grain and gluten-free diet, I now cook with bone broth. Today it is fashionable and rightfully so. It’s loaded with nutrition. Bone broth is the base ingredient of many soups. It also intensifies the soup’s depth and roundness of flavour because it’s brimming with that 5th taste sensation called umami.
But there is more goodness in bone broth than just the flavour.
1. Bone broth helps to heal and support our immune system. It is rich in minerals that our body can easily absorb. This includes chicken, beef, fish, and lamb bone broth.
2. Bone broth helps fight infections. It fights the common cold and flu by inhibiting viruses.
3. Bone broth helps fight gut inflammation. It contains collagen and L-glutamine that aid in healing our gut lining. This reduces intestinal inflammation, thus helping to reduce leaky gut syndrome and food allergies.
4. Bone broth helps in the growth and repair of bones. Bone formation requires an adequate and constant supply of nutrients such as calcium, protein, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin D, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, boron, iron, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamins.
5. Bone broth helps in weight loss. Research shows that obese people have more Firmicutes bacteria and fewer Bacteroidetes in their digestive tracts. Firmicutes bacteria cause more extraction of calories from food. As a result, a higher ratio of Firmicutes is a marker of obesity. A healthy gut reduces Firmicutes bacteria, aiding in weight loss. Eating broth before a meal also promotes a full stomach, thereby aiding in the reduction of food consumed overall. Bone broth keeps the body hydrated. Bone broth with vegetables adds electrolytes and carbohydrates that keep the body hydrated.
7. Bone broth helps to reduce inflammation and joint pain. Bone broth stimulates muscle protein synthesis, providing arthritis and joint pain relief, strengthening nails, protecting cells, lowering blood sugar, improving sleep, regulating insulin and slowing down the aging process.
8. Bone Broth helps calm the body. It contains an amino acid called glycine which soothes the body and promotes better sleep.
9. Bone broth with its collagen and gelatin, aids in keeping your skin subtle, your hair growing, and nails strong.
WHAT WINE HARMONIZES WITH KETO LOW-CARB BONE BROTH?
What wine complements soups with Keto Low-Carb Bone Broth? Umami is the predominant taste sensation of beef bone broth. Umami creates roundness and depth of flavour. If you add salt to this broth then saltiness may also be another taste sensation you’ll need to consider in using beef broth in your recipe and finding the ideal wine partner. Unless you are sipping bone broth on its own, you’ll have to also consider the other taste sensations in a dish. The more ingredients you add to your dish, the heavier weight required in the wine. Beef bone broth on its own works nicely with a light, fruity red wine called Pinot Noir. The wine’s crisp acidity will offset the saltiness in the broth.
*Wine Tips: To support your Keto diet or low-carb lifestyle, choose low-carb, low-sugar, and low-alcohol wines that are free of additives and artificial coloring. Include your wine carb macros as part of your meal. Remember, your liver will process alcohol before nutrients, pausing ketone creation and slowing the ketosis process. Your body will also metabolize alcohol as fuel before using food. This can slow fat burning and may cause your body to store carbs, fat, and protein as excess body fat. Alcohol consumption also stimulates the appetite. So, drink low-sugar, low-carb, and low alcohol wines in moderation.
WHAT KETO LOW-CARB CONDIMENT RECIPES CAN YOU ENJOY?
WHAT IS SHARI MAC’S PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION FOR YOUR KETO LOW-CARB DIET?
OMG, the Ninja NC301 CREAMi Ice Cream Maker is the BEST appliance I’ve bought for myself to support my Keto diet. I stand behind this product 100%. I eat healthy high protein, sugar-free ice cream every night. I experiment with different ingredient combinations all the time. I purchased 5 additional containers so that I can make a week’s worth of ice cream at one time. I’ve made ice cream with cottage cheese and almond milk with protein powder; tofu with almond milk and protein powder; fat-free plain yogurt with almond milk and sugar-free jello and more! The machine shaves frozen pints perfectly with its one-touch programs.. You can prepare ice cream, sorbet, gelato, milkshake, smoothie bowl, lite ice cream and more. Prep your base, freeze overnight, process, and enjoy!
Sometimes it takes more than one spin to get your desired texture. Select the re-spin function if, after processing, you want your processed treat softer and creamier. This unit is ONLY compatible with the Ninja CREAMi NC299 and NC300 pint accessories. It will NOT fit the NC100, NC200 or NC500 Series pints.
With the Ninja Creami you can enjoy healthy treats that taste just as good as regular ice cream loaded in bad saturated fat, sugar, and preservatives.