KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK (HEART HEALTHY)
Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork can be incorporated into a variety of meals. It’s so delicious and simple to prepare.
You can make Keto Low-Carb pulled pork sandwiches using low-carb bread. Pulled pork is also delicious on chaffles with other sandwich ingredients. Incorporate pulled pork into salads and casseroles as well.
WHAT IS THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
Pulled pork is a delicious and popular dish made from slow-cooking pork until it is tender enough to be pulled apart with a fork. It is often served on a bun with barbecue sauce, coleslaw, and other toppings. In terms of nutrition, pulled pork can be a good source of protein and other important nutrients. A 3-ounce serving of pulled pork contains approximately 21 grams of protein, which is important for building and repairing muscles, as well as other tissues in the body. Pulled pork also contains iron, which is important for carrying oxygen throughout the body, and zinc, which is important for supporting a healthy immune system. However, it is important to note that pulled pork can be high in calories and fat, depending on how it is prepared. To make a healthier version of pulled pork, consider using lean cuts of pork and cooking it with minimal added fat.
WHAT IS THE TASTE PROFILE OF KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
Depending on the ingredients in the seasonings, your Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork will be savory and chewy. Adding smoked paprika will give the resulting meat a smoky flavour, as well. Add lots of garlic for a depth of garlic pleasure.
WHAT WINE HARMONIZES WITH KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
The wine you choose for your Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork will depend on the seasonings and the dish you are making. You have a couple of options here…
In following a Keto diet or in living a low-carb lifestyle, we don’t want to use up your carbs on a glass of wine. Why add the extra carbs to your meal when you can find zero carb wines! You have a couple of options:
- Drink whatever wine you like (as long as it’s bone dry) and don’t worry about pairing the wine to dish. Enjoy your wine the way you like it.
- If you like to create harmony between the wine and the food, you’ll need some sweetness in the wine to match the sweetness in this dish. Add a pinch of stevia or monk fruit sweetener to your glass of wine. Choose whites like Riesling or Gewurztraminer or a pink rose. These varieties taste great when bone dry or sweet. So they taste great with the added sweetener. The wine’s sweetness will nicely harmonize with the recipe’s sweetness.
*Wine Tips: To support your Keto diet or low-carb lifestyle, choose low-carb, low-sugar, and low-alcohol wines that are free of additives and artificial coloring. Include your wine carb macros as part of your meal. Remember, your liver will process alcohol before nutrients, pausing ketone creation and slowing the ketosis process. Your body will also metabolize alcohol as fuel before using food. This can slow fat burning and may cause your body to store carbs, fat, and protein as excess body fat. Alcohol consumption also stimulates the appetite. So, drink low-sugar, low-carb, and low alcohol wines in moderation.
WHAT CUTS CAN BE USED FOR PREPARING KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
To make Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork, you can prepare pulled pork from a variety of cuts of meat. For a heart-healthy version, stick to lean cuts. Here are some of the leanest cuts of pork:
- Pork tenderloin: This is one of the leanest cuts of pork available. It is low in fat and calories, and high in protein. Pork tenderloin is also very tender and flavorful, making it a popular choice for many recipes.
- Pork loin chops: These are another lean cut of pork that are also very flavorful. They are taken from the loin area of the pig and are generally bone-in. Pork loin chops are a great option for grilling or pan-frying.
- Pork sirloin roast: This is a lean cut of pork that is also very versatile. It can be roasted, grilled, or pan-fried, and is a great option for a variety of different recipes.
- Pork leg roast: This is a lean cut of pork that is also very flavorful. It is taken from the leg of the pig and can be roasted or slow-cooked to make a delicious and tender meal.
Pulled pork is a popular meat dish in many parts of the world, particularly in the Southern United States. It is typically made by slow-cooking a pork shoulder or butt roast until it is tender enough to be easily shredded or “pulled” into small pieces. The meat is often seasoned with a dry rub or marinated before cooking, and sometimes basted with a barbecue sauce during the cooking process to add flavor and moisture. Pulled pork can be served on its own, as a sandwich filling, or as a topping for salads, nachos, and other dishes. It is a versatile and delicious dish that is enjoyed by many people around the world.
WHY WILL YOU LOVE THIS KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
Pulled pork is a staple in our household because this protein is downright succulent, savory, tender and juicy. It’s easy to prepare in the crock pot and uses ingredients readily available in your spice cabinet.
DO I REMOVE FAT FROM MY KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
Don’t cut off all the fat from your cut of pork. You want a little, as fat adds flavour. But remove all the large pieces of fat so that the meat is easier to shred once cooked.
WHAT ARE THE TASTIEST SEASONINGS FOR KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
For this Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork recipe, I use a simple dry rub on my pulled pork. The recipe uses erythritol (natural sweetener of choice), onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, season salt, and freshly ground black pepper. When placing your seared meat into the crock pot, add a cup of bone broth –either beef or chicken. This adds more depth and richness of flavour to the resulting shredded pork.
WHAT TEMPERATURE DO I USE ON THE CROCK POT FOR KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
Your Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork should reach an ideal temperature of 2-5 F to be cooked and easy to shred. At this temp, the pork’s collagen will break down, resulting in a very tender cut of meat. I use an old crock pot. I really don’t know what temperature the pork reaches, but it’s always tender. I cook the pork either on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Both times work well. You’ll have to figure out the temperature of your own crock pot for the best results.
HOW DO YOU “PULL” KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
Shredding pulled pork for your Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork recipe is an essential step in preparing it for serving. Here are the steps to follow:
- Let the pork rest: Once the pork is fully cooked, remove it from the heat source and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. This helps the juices redistribute and makes it easier to handle.
- Remove the fat layer: Trim off any excess fat or skin from the pork, as it can make the meat greasy and unappetizing.
- Cut the pork into manageable pieces: Use a sharp knife to cut the pork into smaller pieces, about 2-3 inches in size. This makes it easier to shred and ensures that it cooks evenly.
- Shred the pork: Use two forks to pull the pork apart, working in the direction of the grain. The meat should come apart easily into long, thin shreds. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to shred the pork quickly and efficiently.
- Add sauce: Once the pork is shredded, toss it with your favorite BBQ sauce or seasoning to add flavor and moisture.
That’s it! Your pulled pork is now ready to serve on Keto sandwiches, tacos, or as a main dish with sides.
WHAT SIZED PORTION SHOULD YOU CALCULATE PER PERSON OF YOUR KETO LOW-CARB SIMPLE PULLED PORK?
When preparing Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork for your family or guests, estimate that each person will eat about ½ a pound of shredded pork. Remember that this amount reduces in weight once the flesh is cooked. The reason is that raw pork loses about 40% of its water during cooking.
HOW DO YOU STORE KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
Storing pulled pork properly is essential to ensure its safety and to maintain its quality. Once cooked, allow the pulled pork to cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. Make sure to remove as much air as possible from the container or bag, as this will help to prevent freezer burn. You can store the pulled pork in the refrigerator for up to four days, or freeze it for up to six months. When you’re ready to reheat the pulled pork, be sure to do so thoroughly, either in the oven or on the stovetop, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Enjoy!
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH LEFT-OVERS OF YOUR KETO LOW-CARB PULLED PORK?
There are a plethora of Keto Low-Carb Pulled Pork combinations you can prepare. Some include:
- Lettuce wraps
- Fried or scrambled eggs
- Egg foo young
WHAT KETO LOW-CARB RECIPES CAN I ENJOY?
WHAT IS SHARI MAC’S PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION FOR YOUR KETO LOW-CARB DIET?
I’m a huge fan of the Ninja products. In the past, I’ve gone through a counter-top convection oven every couple of years. This Ninja 1800-watt oven is a work horse! It is a must for me to support my Keto diet. Since buying this Ninja I have not turned on my oven in months! Amazing in the summer! No heat in the kitchen from the traditional oven. I use the air-fryer for all our proteins every day. All my air-fried favorites have less bad saturated fat and therefore fewer calories. I cut chicken breasts in half, horizontally, and air-fry them for 20 minutes. You can set the temperature and timer for all sorts of foods and walk away from the kitchen. The machine will shut off automatically at the right time. My proteins are crispy on the outside and super juicy